- Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface based on QT 4.
- Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in .wav, .au and .aiff formats.
- Support of samples in compressed FLAC file.
Sequencer and mixer.
- Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions. (NEW)
- Time-stretch and pitch functions via rubberband cli. Require the rubberband-cli package. (NEW)
- Play-lists with scripting function. (NEW)
- Advanced tab-tempo. (NEW)
- Director Window with a visual metronome and song position tags. (NEW)
- Time-line with variable tempo. (NEW)
- Single and stacked pattern mode. (NEW)
- Export/Import single patterns into song projects. (NEW)
- Midi learning via Shift+MouseClick on many gui-cotrollers combined with a midi settings editor. (NEW)
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- JACK, ALSA, PortAudio and OSS audio drivers.
- ALSA MIDI and PortMidi input with assignable midi-in channel (1..16, ALL).
- Import/export of drumkits.
- Export song to wav, aiff, flac or ogg file.
- Export song to midi file.
$svn co http://svn.assembla.com/svn/hydrogen/trunk
$svn co http://svn.assembla.com/svn/hydrogen/tags/0.9.5
- qt (>= 4.0) at http://www.trolltech.com
- libsndfile at http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
- ALSA (>= 1.x) at http://www.alsa-project.org (only if you wish to use ALSA as audio driver)
- Jack Audio Connection Kit (>= 0.80) at http://jackaudio.org/ (only if you wish to use Jack as audio driver)
- PortAudio at http://www.portaudio.com (only if you wish to use PortAudio as audio driver)
- Flac at http://flac.sf.net (only if you wish to use flac samples)
- ladspa at http://www.ladspa.org (only if you wish to use ladspa effects)
- liblrdf at http://sf.net/projects/lrdf (only if you wish to use lrdf to categorise effects)
- lash at http://lash.nongnu.org (only if you wish to use lash)
$apt-get install libqt4-dev g++ libasound2-dev \ libjack-dev liblrdf0-dev libflac++-dev libtar-dev libsndfile1-dev \ liblash-dev libportaudio-dev libportmidi-dev
$su -c "scons install"
Linux 0.9.5 binaries:
Unstable releases / snapshots
Ubuntu 0.9.6 binaries (svn snapshots):
- Ubuntu (PPA) Current snapshot : 0.9.6-Beta1 (19/12/2011)
Debian unstable 0.9.6 binaries (svn snapshots):
- Debian unstable 32bit Current snapshot : 0.9.6-Beta1 (12/20/2011)
- Debian unstable 64bit Current snapshot : 0.9.6-Beta1 (12/20/2011)