- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grasch-simon-listens/simon
- sudo apt-get update
- Download the current installation file from our Sourceforge page. Select the file matching your architecture (i386/amd64) and your system (.deb/.rpm/.sh).
- Install simon using the just loaded installation file. If installation does not automatically start, you can use the following commands in a terminal:
Debian based Systems: (min. Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10)) sudo dpkg -i simon-<version>-<...>.deb
RPM based Systems: sudo rpm -i simon-<version>-<...>.rpm
Generic Systems: ./simon-<version>-<...>.sh
- ALSA Development files
- X11 Development files
- Buildsystem with Compiler and Linker (mostly called "build-essential" or similar)
Debian based Systems: sudo apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libasound2-dev
- Now please register at the HTK homepage (it's free). Shortly after you entered your account details you should receive an e-mail containing your personal HTK-password.
- Download the most recent HTK sourcecode (HTK-<version>.tar.gz). You will be asked your username and HTK-password.
- To extract, configure, build and install the downloaded Tarball, execute the following commands in a terminal:
tar xvf HTK-<version>.tar.gz cd htk/
64bit-Systems only! Remove all appearances of -m32 in configure.ac and run autoconf!
./configure make sudo make install