The directories and files are shown in two independent panels (similar to Midnight Commander). Worker is free software released under the GNU General Public License V2 or later.
- low requirements (basically only the X11 libraries)
- fast and easy access to archives and remote sites
Browse tar/tgz/tbz, gzip, bzip2, zip, rar, ar (also supporting extfs: lha, zoo, rpm, iso9660, diff, arj, cpio, ...) in any combination (zip files in tar archives, rar archives in CD iso images,...).
Access ftp sites without third party tools.
- many built-in functions, such as:
- copy, move, rename, delete files
- create directory
- create/change symlinks
- chmod, chown
- and many more...
- text viewer
- file search
- flexible file type system with arbitrary file type actions for single file types or groups of types
- context menu to access file type actions
- bookmarks for frequently used directories
- labels can be assigned to entries to make it easier to find important files
- volume manager for mounting/unmounting devices (HAL and uDisks supported)
- quick access to already visited directories with breadcrumb navigation
- filter file view by string pattern or label
- assign any external command to buttons, hotkeys or filetypes (e.g. gimp, tar, diff, mount, ...)
- UTF8 support
- built-in configuration GUI
|Worker 2.19.6 - Sourcecode||gzipped tarball (1714 kB) (signature)|
bzip2 tarball (1163 kB) (signature)