The build environment consists of a collection of Makefiles, scripts, and configuration files capable of creating a bootable ISO image.
This ISO image contains a small set of scripts and utility programs for installing Aloofix on a primary hard drive in a VM environment. The build environment provides the raw materials for creating and provisioning a set of guest instances for VirtualBox, VMWare, and Qemu.
* Several add-on packages have been created: bash, bison, gawk, m4, nasm, ncurses, patch, and strace. Aloofix is quickly getting to the point where it can host its own build.
* Java JRE 1.5 is now available as an add-on package.
* Support for local patch files for the kernel and busybox has been added.
* Bumped syslinux to 3.62, e2fsprogs to 1.40.7.
* Virtualbox 1.5.6 has been tested.
* Added more documentation.
* Various bug fixes, improvements, and cleanup. See the NEWS and ChangeLog files contain a more detailed account of the changes.