GOCR claims it can handle single-column sans-serif fonts of 20–60 pixels in height. It reports trouble with serif fonts, overlapping characters, handwritten text, heterogeneous fonts, noisy images, large angles of skew, and text in anything other than a Latin alphabet.
GOCR can also translate barcodes.
GOCR can be used as a stand-alone command-line application, or as a back-end to other programs. It comes with a gocr.tcl graphic interface. GOCR can be also used as an OCR engine in OCRFeeder.
Download.Download the developer releases (below) for best results or before reporting bugs.
- gocr-0.49..tar.gz 392kB, from ovgu.de 2010-09-24 (GPG-Signatur)
- gocr-0.48.tar.gz 360kB, from ovgu.de (GPG-Signatur)
- gocr-0.47.tar.gz 360kB, from sourceforge, Mar2009
- gocr-0.47.tar.gz alternative site (GPG-Signatur)
- gocr-0.46.tar.gz 700kB, from sourceforge, Oct2008
- gocr-0.46.tar.gz alternative site (GPG-Signatur)
Packages.This packages are not always up to date.
- see download@SF (src.tar.gz, i586.rpm)
- gocr-0.41-1.i586.rpm for SuSE-Linux (296KB) (was buggy)
- gocr-0.40-1.i386.rpm for Redhat Fedora Core 4 by Kent Franken (191KB)
- gocr-0.40-1.src.rpm for Redhat Fedora Core 4 by Kent Franken
- gocr-0.39-1.FC2.i386.rpm for Redhat Fedora Core 2 by Kent Franken (195KB)
- gocr-0.39-1.src.rpm for Redhat Fedora Core 2 by Kent Franken
- other RPMs for Redhat
- Debian packages
Binaries.Binaries do not include any documentation. Please download the sources .
- Windows-binary gocr049.exe v0.49 154kB for Windows users provided by Peter B L Meijer, Oct 2010
- OS/2-zip-packages of gOCR made by Franz Bakan