Lazygal is another static web gallery generator written in Python. It is command line based, uses reusable engine and is lazy - it regenerates only parts that have to be regenerated.
There is support for many interesting features like subgalleries, EXIF information, theming and custom folder meta data. Included themes are pure XHTML + CSS.
It can be summed up by the following features :
- Commande line based (thus scriptable).
- Reusable engine (to make a GUI for instance).
- Lazy : do not build what's already there.
- Recursive : generates subgalleries.
- Does not change your original pictures directories (the source argument).
- Tells you what should not be in your generated directories (and delete it if you want to).
- Can generate multiple sizes to browse pictures according to your screen.
- Sort pictures in the same directory by EXIF date if available, else file modification time.
- XHTML and CSS compliance for provided themes.
- Support for per folder meta data.
- RSS feed generation for your album updates.
- Optional generation of ZIP archives of original pictures.
- Output internationalization.
- Optional breaking of big galleries (directories) on multiple pages.
- Multiple sorting options for pictures and galleries.
Usage is straightforward :
usage: lazygal [options] albumdir
-h, --help Show this help message and exit.
--quiet Don't output anything except for errors.
--debug Output everything that lazygal is doing.
-o DEST_DIR, --output-directory=DEST_DIR
Directory where web pages, slides and thumbs will be
written (default is current directory).
-t THEME, --theme=THEME
Theme name (looked up in theme directory) or theme
Default style to apply to the theme.
Common variables to load all templates with.
--clean-destination Clean destination directory of files that should not
-v, --version Display program version.
--check-all-dirs Exhaustively go through all directories regardless of
source modification time.
-s IMAGE_SIZE, --image-size=IMAGE_SIZE
Size of images, define as <name>=<x>x<y>,..., eg.
small=800x600,medium=1024x768. The special dimensions
0x0 use original size.
-T THUMBNAIL_SIZE, --thumbnail-size=THUMBNAIL_SIZE
Size of thumbnails, define as <x>x<y>, eg. 150x113.
-q QUALITY, --quality=QUALITY
Quality of generated JPEG images (default is 85).
-O, --original Include original photos in output.
Do not copy original photos in output directory,
instead link them using submitted relative path as
--puburl=PUB_URL Publication URL (only usefull for feed generation).
Generate metadata description files where they don't
-n THUMBS_PER_PAGE, --thumbs-per-page=THUMBS_PER_PAGE
Maximum number of thumbs per index page. This enables
index pagination (0 is unlimited).
-z, --make-dir-zip Make a zip archive of original pictures for each
Webalbum picture background color. Default is
transparent, and implies the PNG format. Any other
value, e.g. red, white, blue, uses JPEG.
--optimize Run an extra optimization pass an each image.
--progressive Generate Progressive JPEG images.
--pic-sort-by=ORDER Sort order for images in a folder: filename, mtime, or
exif. Add ':reverse' to reverse the chosen order.
Sort order for sub galleries in a folder: filename or
mtime. Add ':reverse' to reverse the chosen order.
If you want to force
lazygalinto checking a directory's contents, simply
touchthe source directory to modify its modification time :
$ touch album_source/gallery_to_check
Download & Changelog
- Lazygal 0.4.1 which adds those requested command line options.
- Lazygal 0.4 which can speak foreign languages.
- Lazygal 0.3.1 which fixes up some stuff.
- Lazygal 0.3 which brings messy directory pictures (the ones that are shown to represent a subgallery).
- Lazygal 0.2 which brings RSS feed generation and a real
- Lazygal 0.1