Chitwanix OS is a Linux distribution developed by a community of Linux developers in Nepal.
Chitwanix OS is an Ubuntu-based distribution that has been crafted to fit the needs of computer users in Nepal.
It comes with the Sagarmatha desktop environment (a fork of Linux Mint's Cinnamon) and it also offers various user-friendly enhancements.
The developers of Chitwanix OS are cooperating with user communities in Nepal in order to translate the operating system and applications into Nepali, as well as Tharu, Newari, Gurung and Magar languages.
New Features and Improvements:-
- Sagarmatha version 1.0.2
- HTML5 Login screen with user list and On-screen keyboard on the login screen..
- Updated Software Packages.
- Will receive software updates and will have binary as well as source code repository access.
- Improvements in drivers and supports like WiFi drivers, Ethernet drivers, Graphics, HDMI, etc.
- Improvements in Nemo and its extensions.
- Artworks Improvements.