Plop Linux is a small distribution that can boot from CD, DVD, USB flash drive (UFD), USB harddisk or from network with PXE. It's designed to rescue data from a damaged system, backup and restore operating systems, automate tasks and more.
* Intel i486 compatible processor
* 64MB ram
Updates (via Distrowatch):
Elmar Hanlhofer has announced the release of Plop Linux 4.1.2, a small utility live CD (now also with Fluxbox and GNOME options) designed to rescue data from a damaged system, backup and restore operating systems and automate common tasks. From the changelog: "Plop Linux 4.1.2 released. Updated Linux kernel 3.0.1, Nmap 5.51, NTFS-3G 2011.4.12AR.4, OpenSSH 5.8p2, OpenSSL 1.0.0d, Samba 3.5.9, Squashfs 4.2, udev 171, Plop boot manager 5.0.13; setupavg - environment variables set automatically when the user logs in; fpupdate - alias is set to avoid 'Out of memory problem' when running without full path; default kernel compiled for i586 with PAE enabled additional kernel with i486 settings compiled; possible resolv.conf conflict during network boot fixed."
Links to download the larger live CD with GNOME/Fluxbox: ploplinux-4.1.2-X.iso (673MB, MD5), ploplinux-4.1.2-x64-X.iso (673MB, MD5).
• 2011-08-10: Distribution Release: Plop Linux 4.1.2
* booting from CD/DVD, USB and network
* Linux kernel 3.0.1
* 32bit and 64bit versions
* NTFS read/write with ntfs-3g (except compressed and encrypted files)
* add your own scripts
* IDE, SATA, SCSI, and RAID support
* Partimage to save or restore partitions
* proftpd server
* ssh connections
* samba connection
* nfs connection
* systat package
* mbuffer, udpcast, multicast
* cryptsetup luks
* tftp (tftpd)
* dhcp server
* testdisk, photorec
* Plop Boot Manager
* lilo, grub, grub2
* chntpw, reged
* wake on lan (wol, ether-wake, ethtool)
* lot of network tools
* Linux F-PROT Antivirus from F-PROT.
This antivirus is free for personal users.
* Linux AVAST Antivirus from avast! Linux Home Edition.
This antivirus is free for non-commercial use. You need a licence key to use it.
* Network connections to windows network shares, ftp servers, web servers or ssh connections.
* wine, mono, vnc, gparted, firefox, ...