The first bugfix release for the 4.0 series has arrived. Several crashes have been fixed, as well as a problem which caused a lot of disk activity when downloading at high speed on certain filesystems.
If you upgrade ktorrent, it is recommended to also upgrade libktorrent, seeing that several of the bugfixes are in libktorrent.
* Upload and download speed capping / throttling & scheduling
* Internet searching with torrent search engines using KHTML part.
* Support for UDP trackers.
* IP address blocklist plugin
* Port forwarding with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
* Protocol encryption
* DHT (mainline version), and support for trackerless torrents
* µTorrent peer exchange (PEX) support
* File Prioritization
* Ability to import partially-downloaded files
* Directory scanner to automatically watch directories for new torrents
* Manual addition of trackers to torrents
* RSS feed support
* Web interface plugin with default port number 8080
* IPv6 support
* SOCKS v4 and v5 support
New features of KTorrent 4:
* µTP support
* Generation and parsing of magnet links
* UDP tracker scraping
* Enhanced usability of the queue manager
* Optional disabling of the webinterface authentication
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: