The primary goal for Imagineos is to create a more pleasant and functional desktop, standardising all icons and themes to make it easy for novice users to learn about available applications.
Updates: (via Distrowatch):
Flavio Pereira de Oliveira has announced the release of ImagineosThe new Imagineos release is finally available. This live CD created by using linux-live scripts with a few modifications uses KDE (4.5.5) as the desktop environment and is based on Slackware 13.37 with more applications and features. Some versions of major components of the system: Zen kernel 18.104.22.168, Squashfs 4.2, Aufs 20110502, GCC 4.5.3, Binutils 22.214.171.124.6, glibc 2.13. Changelog: system upgraded; bootsplash is again our splash manager; Plymouth removed; user created during hard disk install process is the default user; included AbiWord because it is important to have a word processor...."
Here is the full release announcement.
• 2011-06-12: Distribution Release: Imagineos 20110605
• 2010-11-09: Distribution Release: Imagineos 20101103
• 2010-07-01: Development Release: Imagineos 20100628
• 2009-10-02: Distribution Release: GoblinX 3.0 "G:Standard"
• 2009-09-08: Distribution Release: GoblinX 3.0 "G:Noblin"
• 2009-08-11: Development Release: GoblinX 3.0 RC1 "G:Standard"
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: